Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19 - 3 mile and hot sun

One should avoid the mid day run. This is what i learnt today. I had to run 3 miles as my weekday requirement. I am possibly not making it to track training today. So, i thought i should get in an extra 3 miles istead. I started at noon! A very bad idea. I now know why at 6:30 am my body feels a lot more agreeable with my intension.

Coach Char has introduced me to a new concept. Heart Rate Reserve (HRR) and he sent me some info about running at HRR and how you are more efficient at burning fat as well as carbohydrates. Yes, i do need to shed my mid rift. I will write more about this later. I first need to understand all that he sent me. GO FIGURE!! And i thought i was the Biochemist and he was the Accountant :)

More later....

No comments: