Sunday, February 8, 2009

So about the meditation retreat

SO it was twenty days of silence, no one speaks- the workers that serve and support the community or the meditators. The whole atmosphere is DEEPLY contemplative. One is woken up with a gong at 4:30 am. One proceeds to meditation hall. I have been practicing for some time so as a practicing student you can meditation on your own or you can join the group meditation. The entire day is meditation 45 to 50 mins at a time until 8:30 pm with breaks for meal, shower and such activities. I am usually extroverted and i believe the only reason i can sit and keep the silence is because EVERYBODY is doing so...

The meditation retreat was stormy for the first three days - yes i brought in baggage - but once i got into the groove the next several days were like clock work. I was able to be in the contemplative space, get in touch with the silence inside me and also enjoy just being in the present moment..... I was housed with a wonderful lady Puja, who also has been practicing for a while. She is a wonderful person. I did not get a chance to get her email but i hope our paths cross some day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should post more often. So, what's next? Sky diving?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think you should post more often. What's next? Sky diving?