Saturday, July 7, 2007

Picture Perfect Day for 8 miles

It was fifty one degrees at 6:15 am today, slightly overcast as my car rolled into Sawyer Creek Trial (280 and Bunker Road). I was one of the early ones as i wanted to speak with my coach. I have not been keeping up with my long runs. I have only completed the required weekday runs and i panicked when i saw a 9 mile assignment for today.

He was not too rough on me. Asked me to run 8 miles or more. So i started with my regular 13 minute mile pace. I did not realize that i would have to make it to almost mile 6 till i found find my "gu Gel" to replenish me :( So i pur one step in front of the other. It was hard to make it to mile 6. Finally the replenishment. It is amazing how something that ususally tastes awful is such a craving. Anyhow i finished 8.25 (yipety yae) and clocked in at 1:40:23 - not bad given that i have run only 6 miles so far.

No comments: